Written for paramedics, by paramedics this book offers a concise overview of applied law and ethics to UK paramedic practices.
Including chapters on mental capacity, clinical negligence, information governance and medical research, the book focuses on legislation and case law across the UK.
2. Professional Regulation and Accountability
3. An Introduction to Ethics
4. An Overview of British Law
5. Information Governance: Data Protection and Confidentiality
6. Legal and Ethical Considerations in the Use of Social Media
8. Clinical Negligence
9. Legislation Relating to Mental Health
10. Assessing Mental Capacity
11. Legal and Ethical Principles in the Treatment of Children
12. Law and Ethics in Palliative Medicine and End-of-Life Care
13. A Note on Uncontrolled Donation after Circulatory Death
14. Overview of Ethics and Legislation Surrounding Medicines
15. Medical Research